Blog Description

Be JOYFUL always, PRAY without ceasing, give THANKS in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thess 5:16-18

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another trip to Mississippi

For the past 10 days we have been traveling all over Mississippi. We had a great time and got to see lots of family! We started out by stopping in Memphis and seeing Aunt Jack. She is my great aunt that would make her Madeline's great great aunt. The next day we headed down to Vardaman Mississippi where my grandparents live for Mamp's 75th birthday party. Maddie got to meet lots of new family members there, including her great great great Aunts Martha and Maggie. We spent a few days in Columbus resting and relaxing and then on Thursday headed to Hattiesburg. We went to see Andy, Melanie, and Jude. Although I think it made us miss them more, it was so fun to spend the day with them (and we have to get Madeline and Jude around each other so that our plans for an arranged marriage succeed!). Our last stop was Jackson, MS to see Uncle Pete and Aunt Susan and for Mary Allison's wedding. We had such a fun time there for a couple of days, and then headed back to Louisville yesterday. Here are some pics of the highlights of our trip.


Madeline and Aunt Jack


5 Generations (Maddie's great great great Aunts Maggie and Martha)


Jude and Madeline (don't they make a cute couple)!

Madeline and Susan

Family picture from the wedding

Uncle Pete and Maddie

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Your family is just precious! Congratulations on being a momma- there is nothing else like it! I love reading everyone's blogs. It's so much fun to catch up!

MS Mom said...

Mariah,
I found your website by accident and what a surprise you had for me-a baby girl! I had no idea and when I questioned Wesley I got the usual response, "I thought I told you?" I guess that is the way it is when your children are no longer at New Hope. She is BEAUTIFUL! And what a head of hair! The Lord has blessed you with a beautiful family and I am proud for you. It really makes me feel old because it just seems like yesterday...
Since Wesley set up his blog I have found others and it is fun catching up. Take care and God Bless,
Malinda Clay