Blog Description

Be JOYFUL always, PRAY without ceasing, give THANKS in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thess 5:16-18

Thursday, July 30, 2009

From a dad's perspective




Tonight I thought Mariah deserved a ladies night out, so a few of her friends were kind enough to plan it for me. Since Rivers only source of nutrition comes from Mariah she has been the one dealing with the sleepless nights, then dealing with both of them alone when I am gone to work for 24hrs every third day. So to say the least, she deserves it. But it was not until after having the two kids alone at night did I see just how hard it really is..... As I type I ask that you just picture me writing with one hand, holding Rivers in the other b/c he has to be touched, and hear Maddie screaming in her crib for no reason. When I try to comfort Maddie then Rivers began to scream and vice versa. Hold that thought I need to go feed Rivers his bottle.

OK I'm back:

Anyway now I have breast milk all over b/c Rivers cannot keep it down. Now after eating, it is Rivers routine to grunt for 15 minutes while what little food is in him digest. Maddie did make me laugh though. On my way back to get his milk I thought I'd try to rock her to calm her down. She apparently has some gas issues, so as she laid against my belly every few minutes she would let some real loud stinkers go. It took all I had not to laugh or gag in order to not disturb her. I type all of this not to complain, but to give thanks to my wife. Motherhood is truly a labor intensive profession in which there should be many days of recognition! I am not sure how she juggles it but it is much calmer when she is here. While Mariah needs to take more ladies nights out I think she should wait till Marmie is around so I can go fishing.........


wait yep there is Maddie crying again