Blog Description

Be JOYFUL always, PRAY without ceasing, give THANKS in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thess 5:16-18

Friday, October 21, 2011

Sweet Prayers for Daddy

Every night before our kids go to bed, we read them a story from one of our Bible story books, sing a hymn, and pray. We often ask them what or who they would like to pray for and then give them a chance to pray. Most of the time their prayers go something like this, "Father, thank you for _______. Amen." The nights that Mike is working we always pray for him. Tonight, Madeline said that she wanted to pray for Daddy, and I was expecting her usual prayer. Instead this is what she prayed,

"Thank you for my Father. Help him to grow. Be with him at work. Please can he not go to work because I love him so much? Amen."

Well, I was in tears by the end of it! We so miss Mike when he has to be away from us, and as you can tell, he is such awesome daddy that our kids want him to always be with us. I pray they will continue to go to God and trust him in all of their needs and concerns.

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

I have started following your blog:). I think this is so sweet! Scott was a police officer (up until about 2 months ago before we moved to MS)and worked shift work; we can for sure relate to having daddy at work at night. Your babies are just precious!