Blog Description

Be JOYFUL always, PRAY without ceasing, give THANKS in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thess 5:16-18

Friday, January 25, 2013

Joys in January

Honestly, I usually dread January.  It's cold, and I'm not fond of the cold.  It's dark and dreary, and I like bright sunny days.  But this January has actually flown by.  We've had a few cold spells but also some warmer weather to break things up, and for that I'm really thankful.  Even on the cold days though, we've either found something new and fun to do inside or brave it and go outside for a while to get some fresh air.  

Here are some January happenings:

If you ask Maddie, her favorite subject is art.  So this week for our art class in school we drew upside down.  I saw this on a website last week with a list of cold weather activities and the kids thought it was the funnest, silliest thing.  




We've played lots of dress up, usually spurred on by Maddie.  Their new favorite dress up theme to play is Western.  Rivers loves dressing up as a cowboy, and Maddie calls this her princess cowgirl dress.

If it's not just frigid we bundle up and take our snack outside in the afternoon to get some fresh air and get some energy out.


The kids favorite outdoor game right now is freeze tag.
I love this picture of Maddie right after she was tagged






Gloria has been having some sleeping issues, with waking up during the night since Christmas.  In order to try and sort them out without waking everyone up our 2 biggest have been "camping" out together in Rivers' room on the floor.  They actually ask to do it every night now.  Here's a pic of how we found them sleeping when we went to tuck them in the other night.

I think we've finally found a way to allow Gloria to participate in family devotion time at night... Giving her dessert.  It might be messy but she's still, content, and quiet!  We've found even a bit of chocolate milk will do.  



Last but not least, here is a recent picture of our Baby Boy that we got to see last week.  
He's definitely growing, as evidenced by my tummy, and getting more and more active.  It's fun and sweet to feel (and often see) him moving around in there. I'm still so amazed at the miracle of pregnancy and birth.  It reminded me of this verse: "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139:13-14.  I praise God that he forming and knitting this little boy within me and can't wait to meet him in May!

1 comment:

Jenn Sutton said...

All of these pics are so precious! I feel the same way about January, too! Love y'all!